Definitely, one component that’s important in automobiles is brake pad. The brake pad aids in dwindling the rotational motion of rotors each time a driver feels so.
Nonetheless, the excellent step to take before opting for a brake pad is to make enquiries from an automobile shop near you on the very size that’s best for the model of your automobile.
Indeed, adhering to this instruction would enable an individual to have the best use of the pad. Also, note that pads come for either the front or the rear part of the automobile.
Also, some car owners are just delighted in removing a brake pad if it has been in use for a long period of time.
However, whatsoever the reason is, here is a piece of information that you need in the appropriate removal of your brake pads without causing any permanent damages to your automobile. So check out the tips down below:
8 Things to Consider about How to Change Brake Pads:
1. Bleed the Brake
- Begin by removing the cover of the brake master cylinder and add up some fluid inside.
- Check out the manual and see the manufacturer’s directions about this and use it to determine its sequence.
- You might even want to ebb the older fluid before refilling it with new fluid. Of course, you can intuitively do this. Use the next step to do this.
- While the other end of the hose is fixed inside a bowl and the engine is off, of course, pump the brake continually until there seems to be an impendence.
2. Removing of the Wheels
- Ensure that the automobile is not on motion and the caliper, nuts, and rotors are cool before you begin.
- Make sure that the wheels are in a stationary state. Once you’ve done that, get a car jack.
- Look underneath your automobile, you’d find the portion to fix the tip of the jack onto. Then get the lever and locate a fulcrum that’s designated for the tip of the lever. Once you’ve fixed it, begin to rotate it manually in a clockwise direction.
- Do this continually until you reach a certain altitude that the wheel is lifted above the ground and easy to remove.
- Get the spanner to remove the nuts before you make an attempt in the removal of the wheels.
3. Removal of the Old Pad
- Once you’ve removed the wheels, caliper nut, and so on. The next thing you’d be seeing is the skeletal part and this skeletal part consist of the pad, braking disc, and so on.
- The pad is in the form of an arc shape and it’s mostly found behind caliper/brake line. It can be made of metals or semi-metals. Irrespective of the type/structure that you’re using, this same methodology is what you’d imbibe.
- At times, removing the brake pads could be tedious, so gently force it out without damaging neither the caliper nor other components.
- Diligently identify the pads and their locations. Afterwards, gently remove it/them from their locations.
4. Attachment of the Pad
Just as we’ve stated earlier, identify the model of the automobile that the brakes pad are used for. Also, know the part of the automobile that the brake is to be fixed, rear or front.
Once all that is done and you’ve successfully made your purchase, just slot the pads at the same/appropriate place that you removed the formal.
Check out if the brake pads are properly fixed and once that’s done successfully, you can move over to the next.
- Fix back the wheels back to where you removed them from. Then reattach the nuts onto the rails that you unplugged them from.
- Use spanner of appropriate size to tighten up the nut onto the rails so as to make the wheels stay in place.
- Roll the wheels to see how lucid their rotatory motions are.
- Of course, the jack is still lifting up the automobile so insert the lever back to the fulcrum and screw it anti-clockwise so as to comfortably reduce the height of the car.
- Once you’re done, it’s expedient that you check if it’s balanced.
6. Safety Precaution
- It’s advised that whenever a brake pad is set to be changed, it should be changed together with the rotor.
- Check the brake fluid and check the fluid therein is sufficient if not add some more.
- Evaluate the caliper pressure of the unit/automobile and ensure that it moves back and forth as it should.
- Always check the rotor also so as to know the condition of the brake pad.
- Add the grease in the shim and the caliper pin before fixing them back into the loops that you removed them from.
- Ensure that the activity is properly carried out so as to avoid an accident while working.
Once you’re done, you’d have to check out whether what you’ve done is exquisite. So, get inside the car and ignite it.
Nonetheless, ensure that the equipment used is removed before you begin to move the automobile. You can even move at 50Km/hr so as to feel the vibrations and the use of the braking system in the automobile.
Provided you’re unable to get the description right, you might want the assistance of an automobile repair.
These steps are easy to practice and discretely using these methods would help you to perfectly have the best installation of brake pads.
Also, with this, you’d have a good drive and even upgrade your skill absolutely well. In a nutshell, it is easy to use to learn these and master the steps.
This is an article that you can trust its content for optimal use. It has systematic tips that anyone can practice easily. As a matter of fact, many users all around the globe have been practicing this and they’ve never found it wanting. Just check it out and you’d love it.